Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I often go through my list of TBR titles that are desperately waiting for me to devour them. However, I don’t always have the money to just buy every book I want to read. Top that off with a couple kids who are always “Mom can I download a book on my Kobo?”. Seriously do they not understand those downloads cost money?
Well the solution to my problem is that I found a site on Goodreads where new authors post a Read for Review. Love this idea. The author gives away so many copies of their book for free in exchange for an honest review posted on Goodreads, Amazon and anywhere else you can think to put one. I love this! I think I said that already but OMG I really love this. I have participated in one so far To Stand Beside her by Kristin McMichael. A review is posted.
This is the next one I am participating in. Stay tuned for the review.
The Second Sign by Elizabeth Arroyo
Bred to believe in the war between angels and demons, Gabby has come to the conclusion that love is responsible for war, jealousy, and all the other deadly sins she can think of. So when she’s exiled to the middle of nowhere for getting kicked out of her fifth school for fighting, she doesn’t expect to meet Jake. Much less fall in love. But Jake is quickly drawn to the eerie beauty of her violet eyes while Gabby is unsettled by their undeniable connection.
When a demon guardian comes to collect her soul, she refuses to give it up. She’s not a demon. She can’t be. Her father and twin brother are angels. The demon gives Gabby twenty-four hours to decide her allegiance, and then starts killing her short list of friends, leaving a message behind: She is the Second Sign.
As Gabby and Jake begin to unravel the mystery behind the Second Sign, she learns Jake may be the key to saving her soul. But it means a sacrifice has to be made that will change their lives forever. (Goodreads Excerpt)
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your musing in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!
Monday Musing is a meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Check out their blog!