Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I’ve commented before that I found a site on Goodreads that participates in Read for Reviews in which authors give their books to people free in exchange for a review on various websites. Well I have really been enjoying this activity and have been lucky enough to come across some really great finds. My musing today and my predicament is that I am not sure what to do with a book that I just couldn’t finish. Either the writing was not edited very well or the story was boring or whatever. I have no issue with constructive criticism, but I hate telling someone that their book is not up to par. I was hoping that maybe someone would be able to offer advice. Should I give the honest review and say it is a 1 or 2 star and say what is wrong with it? Or should I sugar coat it a little bit? I don’t think it is fair to the good books to say it was good when it wasn’t.
Then I started thinking about other reviews say from fellow authors that are trying to promote their work. Hopefully I will get some good comments to help me with my dilemma.
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your musing in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!
Monday Musing is a meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Check out their blog!