Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I bought Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready at Walmart a while back and let it sit on my shelf for some time. I got hard into my kindle and just forgot about the book. I know I read the back and must have loved it but for some reason I forgot about it. Then about two months ago I found the book on my shelf and started reading it, this time without reading the back. OMG I was instantly engrossed and surprised. Had I read the back I would have realized the guy in the story dies at the beginning. It is the whole point of the book. But holy cow since I didn’t read it, it was so powerful I wanted to cry when he died. I wonder if that is common in other books? I mean you have to read the back insert to see what it is about but it’s too bad we can’t just start with a clean slate. I am looking forward to reading Shif next but I’ve decided not to read the back. And then onto Shine. Very excited.
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your musing in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!
Monday Musing is a meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Check out their blog!
They look fun!
Interesting….I don’t like to know too much about the book when I begin, either.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
What is it that makes me want to know a bit about a book before I start..I could never not read the bit on the back..never..lol
I normally do as well but for some reason, this time I didn’t. I’m glad I didn’t
This series sounds really good, just added it to my TBR list 😀
Quite often I don’t read the back (after reading it before I buy / borrow) as I’ve usually forgotten and prefer to start fresh. Here’s my MM: https://daystarz.wordpress.com/2013/06/24/musing-mondays-ah-the-suspense/