• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
In the world of technology we have many new ways to read books. The traditional paperback in either hard or soft cover, the many ebooks Kindle, Nook, Kobo etc. You can download onto your PC or IPhone or tablet or pretty much endless devices.
My question is what do you do most of your reading on? And what do you prefer and why?
I will always love the traditional Hardcover books. There is something about the smell and feel of these books that makes me love them. However the price for these is a little steep, therefore I do most of my reading these days on my Kindle. It is funny actually that I bought a kindle (which is an american product) when I live in Canada. When I downloaded a book I had to do the conversion from American to Canadian on my credit card. This was a big downer which influenced my buying a KOBO for my kids. I love the kindle more. More variety, more free books etc. I was delighted when Amazon came up with an Amazon.ca with all the same features. I now avoid the whole money conversion and absolutely love my Kindle again. I just wish it was a Kindle fire or one of the newer versions with a back-light. Can’t have everything I guess…lol
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your musing in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!
Monday Musing is a meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Check out their blog!