• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
My Musing this week is about the Series or the Standalone…which do you prefer?
I think I prefer the standalone book. I hate waiting all that time for the next book to find out what happens in the story. Having said that I think my favorite is a series that each book is independent of each other. For example: The Elemental Series by Brigid Kemmerer:
Each story is an independent story on its own, but still relates to the overall story as a whole. This way you still anticipate the next book, but your not left waiting for what happens next.
Note: Brigid also wrote short novella’s in between each of the stories each about 50-60 pages long to keep us until the next full length book:
What is your favorite Stand alone book or Series?
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your musing in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!
Monday Musing is a meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Check out their blog!